Solving global governance
We are Konung International. We work with people on the ground to deliver effective and sustainable governance solutions in some of the most challenging environments around the world.
How we do it
Public Sector Governance reform
Public Financial Management
Our global reach
- Why is the world still being hit by wave after wave of Covid when we know how to stop it? | Helen Clark and Ellen Johnson SirleafLeaders failed to act fast enough when Covid-19 appeared. They must not keep making the same mistakesCovid pandemic was preventable, says WHO-commissioned reportDeath and illness from Covid-19 is steadily rising…
- Price of gold: DRC’s rich soil bears few riches for its miners – photo essayAs the value of gold reached new heights last year, those mining it continued to face crippling deprivation and dangerous conditionsProduced as part of Congo In Conversation, with the support…
- Hidden scars: mentally ill patients lost in Yemen’s warWith one psychiatrist for 750,000 people and huge stigma about mental health, patients get little helpRadhwan Ali Hassan lives with his mother in a small house perched at the top…
- Nepal says its Covid response is under control – everyone can see it’s not trueI’ve watched from the UK as family and friends share increasingly desperate news. Nepal’s leaders have ensured the lack of preparationCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageWaiting for India’s…
- Cali is the cockpit of chaos as Colombia protests threaten to spiral out of controlThe presence of armed civilians attacking protesters has added a worrying dimension to a wave of unrest that has claimed 47 livesOn a recent evening, Andrés pulled on his gas…
- Welcome to Semuliki: on the trail of the ADF’s Islamist militants | photo essayPhotojournalist Hugh Kinsella Cunningham has been embedded with Congolese soldiers in the DRC’s ‘triangle of death’. The elusive insurgents they are hunting have pledged allegiance to Islamic StateAt the border…
"Gender equality is [...] a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, and building good governance."
"Every once in a while, a new technology, an old problem, and a big idea turn into an innovation."
"[...] compassion binds us - not in pity or patronisingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future."